A high professional designation, the Certified Business Analysis Professional TM (CBAP®) is awarded by the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA®).
This is a advanced professional certification course with extensive experience in the segment of business analysis. The stated course is meant for the Business Analysis Professional who has successfully established their expertise in this field with a minimum of five years of experience. The candidate should have passed a comprehensive examination, based on the IIBA® Business Analysis Body of Knowledge®.
There are some predetermined requisites defined by IIBA® Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® to be followed by all the aspirant of the Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP®). A Guide to the Business Analysis Book of Knowledge® (BABOK® Guide) is designed to impartially assess and gauge business analysis knowledge and experience of the CBAP®) recipient.
Who can attend the training for CBAP® Certification?
A professional in the field of Business Analysts or any other aspirant having keen interest to learn about how to apply Business Analysis in the work place can join the course. However while taking the CBAP® certification exams the candidate must meet all the criteria established by IIBA®.
What are the prerequisite needed for CBAP® Certification Course?
There are some predetermined eligibility standards fixed for this CBAP Certification, candidate want to be a Certified Business Analysis Professional TM (CBAP®) must meet the aforesaid 5 requirements:
- Adequate On-hand Work Experience : The candidate should possess at least 7500 hours (i.e., five (5) years) of BA work experience as defined in BABOK®, a Guide to the Business Analysis Book of Knowledge.
- Proficiency in the BABOK® Guide Knowledge Areas : The aspirant should demonstrate an expertise and experience of at least 900 hours (i.e., 6 months) in at least 4 out of 6 knowledge areas defined by BABOK®.
- Minimum Required Education – A minimum standard Educational requirement to join the CBAP Certification courses as defined by the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA®) is high school diploma or equivalent degree.
- Sufficient Professional Development Hours – The recipient must have served for 21 hours of BA-related professional development within his career of last 4 years.
- Recognized Evidence for Certification Suitability – You must have to demonstrate two references to signify your suitability to the CBAP® certification Advanced career course. The required reference may be whether a career manager, a CBAP® recipient or an internal or external client.